Muscle Strengthening with Yann Guyader 06
After several drills of static strengthening, Speed Skating World Champion Yann Guyader suggests to work on your dynamic skating stance…
Dynamic work on pushes
For a good execution of the drill
- Start with a basic skating stance
- Make sure that your arm position is the same as during skating
- Don’t open the foot too much to the outside
- Don’t push laterally but slightly to the back
- Your hips and shoulder shouldn’t twist, keep it all in the same axis
- Your moves should be tonic but not shortened or narrow, keep your whole amplitude
Find a line to do the drill on, so that you can check that you bring back your foot below you.
8 repetitions per leg, i.e. 16 in total. You may do several series.
Thanks to Yann Guyader and Bio Rider Nature
Translation: Chloe Seyres